The book is free to download and share with others.
What Does the Bible Say?
More importantly, what does the Bible NOT say! Most people assume that there are hundreds of texts condemning gays and lesbians, but out of over 31,000 verses in the Bible, there are only 6 that reference same-sex activity. These 6 verses are known commonly as the "clobber texts" because of the way they have been used for centuries to denigrate sexual minorities. All the texts refers to actions by heterosexual people, mostly men. The texts refer to:
- attempted gang rape of two angels by a group of heterosexual men
- humiliation and feminisation of a man by another man (a cultural taboo in ancient Israel)
- worship of fertility gods and goddesses through sacred orgies
- use of temple prostitutes
- pederasty and other improper power relationships
- promiscuity and sexual exploitation.
All of these activities should be condemned whether in heterosexual or homosexual relationships.
The Sin of Sodom (Genesis 19:1-11)
Idolatry Rape and Abomination (Leviticus 18:13; 20:22)
Natural or Unnatural (Romans 1:25-27)
Softies and Man-bedders (1 Corinthians 1:6:9,10 and 1 Timothy 1:9,10)
David appears in the documentary "Here I Am" in which gay and lesbian Christians tell their own stories. Designed as a discussion starter for Christians to use with their families and churches, the 35 minute movie is available to watch free on YouTube and Vimeo.